The Ultimate Home Buyer’s Guide
Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you can make in life. The Gold Torch Realty team is here to help guide you through one of the most important decisions in life. Our job is to make the process as easy as possible for you. By reviewing the Ultimate Home Buyers guide below, you will be well prepared for the steps involved in purchasing a home. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions regarding any of the steps involved with your future home purchase.
You can download a printable pdf of TheUltimate Home Buyer’s Guide here.
The Ultimate Home Buyers guide is a great way to learn and see the process of purchasing a home.
Step 1 – Find a Realtor
– Find a local Realtor that is familiar with the area and has experience helping clients buy and sell. The Gold Torch Realty team is a great local resource and very familiar with Indianapolis and it’s surrounding areas. Reach out to discuss your options.
Step 2 – Get Pre Approved for Financing
– It’s important you get pre-approved to purchase a home in order to determine how much you can afford and what your monthly payments will be. It’s also just as important to evaluate your needs and determine what size home you will need. Just because you get approved for X amount, does not mean you have to use the whole amount to purchase a home. Do what is right for you and your family. If you need recommendations for a lender, reach out to the Gold Torch Realty team and we will be more than happy to help you.
Step 3 – Start your Home Search
– Now the fun begins! Looking for a house to purchase will now consume your life. Find a local website that is accurate and up to date with the newest listings and create a custom search to notify you when select houses become available depending on your specific criteria. We can help you create a custom search and help you along the way at the Gold Torch Realty team.
Step 4 – Make an Offer
– Now that you have found your perfect home, it’s time to discuss with your Realtor on submitting an offer. There are multiple factors at play in determining the strategy to submit an offer. The Gold Torch Realty team can you help you with this and provide valuable information for helping decide what offer to make.
Step 5 – Order a Home Inspection
– Once you have a home under contract, it’s imperative you order a home inspection right away. If you need inspector recommendations, please reach out to us and we would be more than happy to help you with this at the Gold Torch Realty team.
Step 6 – Appraisal
– It’s time for your lender to order an appraisal. It’s important this is completed in a timely manner to avoid any delays with your financing.
Step 7 – Find Insurance
– Now it’s time to find home insurance. It is recommended that you call around to at least three different insurance agencies to find the best rates. The Gold Torch Realty team can offer a few insurance recommendations if needed. Feel free to reach out to us for help.
Step 8 – Set Up Utilities
– Now that you are getting closer to owning your home, it’s time to order and setup your utilities. You will need to make sure these are on and ready to use the day you close.
Step 9 – Final Walk-Through
– Your Realtor will schedule an appointment to do the final walk-through with you. It’s ideal you do the final walk-through within 24 hours of closing. During the walk-through, the home shall be broom clean and all requested repairs completed with proof of invoice.
Step 10 – Closing
– Congratulations! You have made it to the last step and it’s now time to close on your home. All you have to do is show up with your driver’s license and sign the final paperwork. The keys will be handed to you and you can enjoy your new home.
Our Custom Map Search has full MLS data with Market Reports and Sold listings.
View the Latest Homes for Sale in Indianapolis by Neighborhoods and Communities.
Sell your home for top dollar. Find out how much your home is worth.
Contact a Real Estate Agent Now